WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Saturday, June 4, 2016

My Happy Coupon Planner

 Here is another project I made for dealing with my shopping and coupons.  I think this is a perfect solution to keep my shopping organized!
 I had a coupon planner that used the ARC rings, and it was an 8 1/2" by 5 1/5" notebook.  I have loved the larger size of the happy planner, and it is much prettier, so I changed my book.  I was able to use the same inserts in this planner since the punches match, so it was a quick change.  In the front cover I have a couple of paper clips to attach the coupons I am definitely going to use on that particular trip.  I also have a pouch for pens, scissors and clips.
 I found this list of coupon categories.  I printed it out, and in the next picture you will see how I use it to organize my coupons.  You can get this list for yourself, just click this link.  Scroll to the end of the post, and you will see the link to click on for the PDF.  Just size and print.
 In my old ARC notebook, I had some pocket pages that I put the coupons in.  In each pocket I put a journaling card and wrote the category and the contents of the pocket.  I then used stickers to add headings to the pockets.
 Now all of my coupons are nicely organized and I can find them easy.  Before each shopping trip I go through the pockets, pick out what I will use, get rid of the expired ones, and clip the coupons inside the front cover.  Going through them before the trip reminds me what I have, so as I go shopping and I find a good sale, it tends to jog my memory and I can use a coupon and save even more.  (That leaves more money in the budget for craft supplies!   SHHHHHH, don't tell the hubby!!)
 I also have these grocery lists that I salvaged from my old system.  I love how they are so organized. You can get them for free here at this link.
 Here is some list pages that I got from Levenger.  They also make nice lists, and are perforated so you can pull them out.  These are awesome if you have multiple stores you go to, just use a list per store if you are on a massive shopping adventure.
 I found these pages for free on the Arc It blog.  She no longer posts on the site, but I just checked and it is still there, and the free printable tab is still there.  I used them to create a master shopping list for our family.
 I have a pocket that has a notebook where I keep wish lists.  Lists of DVD's I want, books I want, etc.  You never know when you will run up on a sale and can not for the life of you remember the name of that thing you need!
 I also made a list of my favorite and most frequented stores, their numbers and hours, just in case I need to check something before I go.
 Then, in the back, I have the Happy Planner Home Pack.  I am going to use the meal planner...I'm not sure about the budget planner though.  We will just have to see.
 This is a place in my office that I use for my coupon storage.  I have a coupon box.  In it, I have my coupon notebooks, and all catalogs, fliers, etc.  Every weekend I go through it, sort it out, clean it up. It keeps me organized.
 Hello, Ace!  I was trying to take a pic of my other coupon notebook, and he wanted to help.  That little Doxie doesn't let me do anything without him!
 This coupon book has coupons, fliers, etc for stores other than grocery stores.  When I am off on errands, this is the book I take.  I organize them by the front pocket (craft store coupons)...
 ...and the back pocket for everyone else.  I put some pocket pages in here so I can gather those little card coupons I get and keep them visible.  I also have paper and lists making potential in this book.
 I found this notebook carry tote the other day...the heavens broke open and the angels sang and I bought it (with my 40% coupon) and now it houses all of my coupon goodness.  I can carry all of my stuff when I am on a serious shopping mission.
 Pockets for scissors and pens...
...and pockets for notebooks.  I love it.

OK, that's it for today.   This is what I use some Happy Planner supplies for to keep me straight on shopping...and saving!!!

Stay crafty, and organized, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment