WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Happy Memorial Day

Yes, I know, I am a little late.  I'm sorry about that.  But, what I want to show you is actually a project that can be used for Memorial Day, Independence Day, Veteran's Day, or any other time you want to feel patriotic and thankful for the men and women who have served our country past and present.
 I have seen many examples of this type of project on Pinterest, and I thought that I would make myself one.  I hung it in our upstairs hall and it is visible from the downstairs, so it's a perfect spot.  I usually hang a quilt that says "Bless our Home" that my mom made for us when we got our first house.  At Halloween I have another hanging that goes here, and a Christmas Quilt goes here for the month of December.  We needed something for those other holidays.

There are many examples I looked at.  Here are the links for a few that caught my eye.

The Ribbon Retreat Blog

Blazer Designs

Optimistic Mommy

Here is my interpretation.  I got a piece of star fabric and sewed it to create a pocket.  I put the strips of ribbon inside the pocket and sewed them in place.  I used two strips of wide ribbon for the top, creating a tube for the curtain rod.  When I sewed the bottom edge of the ribbon tube, I tucked the stars and the ribbons inside to attach them.  I think it turned out pretty darn cool, and I will be proud to hang it in my home.  The examples I linked to are a bit more ornate than mine, but that's the beauty of this project.  You can make it as frilly as you like.  I did use lace in the project, but just enough, I think, to make this project pop.

The piece is about 2 x 3' total, and it took about one hour to make.

Stay crafty, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment