WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

An Award Box Turned into a Witch Box and Book for Halloween

 I received a pin from work to mark my 25th year of service there.  The pin is really pretty, and the box had a lot of potential.  So I saved it because you never know when you might need a big box that held a little tie tack pin.  The front of the box was open, like a picture frame, and the inside had a hollowed out  portion.  This season, I finally had the idea to finish the box.
 I used  papers from my stash by My Mind's Eye, called "Wicked Merchant".  I also used stickers and die cuts by Echo Park, "Chillingsworth Manor", and My Mind's Eye, "Lost and Found Halloween".  I put the beautiful Witch on the front, and used the image also for the title of the scrapbook that I put inside.
 The scrapbook is made from a sketchbook that I had in my stash by Bee Paper Company.  I had to cut the sides down to make it fit the box inside.  The band for the closure is by 7 Gypsies.
 I did simple pages, since I didn't have a lot of room to bulk out the album.  I made some simple pockets and put simple black mats in them.

 I also thought that the empty space on the pages could be good for some journaling about the photos.
 I made this page as a flap page.
 I used this sticker as a pocket for a photo mat.
 This page is very interactive...
 I created three flaps for this layout.

 I made this a flap and pocket page.




 I created vertical pocket pages here and…
 …made tags to join them.


There it is.  Thanks for looking.

Stay scary, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment