WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Saturday, October 10, 2015

A "Box" Pumpkin with a Tutorial

I have been seeing all sorts of posts using wooden blocks to make pumpkins, and I decided that I had some boxes that I was going to use to make one.  I am just experimenting, and thought that it would be a fun little project.  Heres what I did...

 I had these boxes that I get from work.  They are awesome and I have been using them for all sorts of projects.
 I used masking tape to tape all of the edges and seems and boxes together.
 I used this collection of papers, and picked out 5 different orange papers.  Then I went to covering all sides of the boxes, essentially making one big box.
 I had a wooden spool (used for the stem of the pumpkin) that I inked with distress ink by Tim Holtz, and then tied ribbons to it.  Taa daa!  I made cool little quick pumpkin decoration.
It's cute and fun, and kept me out of trouble for a couple hours while I was making it.  If I had different sizes of boxes, I would make some more.  I think they would be cute in a bundle together.

Stay spooky, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment