WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Disneyland Album

I have finally made the album for our Disneyland trip pictures, from 2013!  I love how it turned out, and it really is cool!  I used the tutorial from Kathy at Paper Phenomenon called "File Under M for Memories."  It's very picture heavy, I'm sorry.  But I think you are going to like it!
 It's huge.  It has multiple pockets and places to tuck pictures, journaling and memorabilia.
 There are three base pages resemble file folders.  They have a large pocket in the front and the back, and a pull out section.
 The left side has a pocket and the right a belly band style slot.
 That piece pulls out for another pocket.
 On the back are two flip pages with belly band style pockets.  There on the right are two smaller pages.
 This is a cool envelope or folio type page.  I used magnets to create a closure.
 Inside the left and right flaps hold pages that pull out, then it has the inside to put more pictures.
 The back of the envelope/folio page is a pocket.  Then, on the right, there are three cascading mini page/pockets.
 And then it starts again…another file folder section...
 I modified the belly band pages on the file folder style pages and created my own pocket for this one.

 On the inside of the two mini pages on the left I created a cool water fall feature.
 The two mini pages have magnets that help with closure.
 I basically did the envelope/folio page "inside out" on this one.  I left the two inner pages where they were, but folded the bottom and top flaps to the back of the assembly.

 On the left the back of the envelope/folio assembly.  I added a pocket to the outside of it.  I also used magnets for closure on it.
 The envelope/folio open, and the three cascading pages.
 Then there is one more file folder type page.
 I created "Polaroid" tags for this pocket, and folded cards as well.
 On this page I added another flip page with a pocket for a page sized tag.

 Here is the last page with the two flip belly band pages.
 The paper/sticker collections I used included papers by Simple Stories, EK Success, Sandy Lion, Queen and Co., and Pinecone Press.  I have a confession. I had bought a disney kit from Pinecone Press to make a Disney album.  But, it was going to be way too small and I decided to use the papers and embellishments from it for this album.
 It is very full already.  I hope it isn't too huge after I get the pictures in it!   I am not sure how I am going to close it.  I may just use a ribbon to tie around it so that it will slip on and off easily.
It also doesn't lay very flat either.  But, it is huge and full and beautiful and I LOVE IT!!!  I think next time I make this type of huge album  I will try her Hidden Hinge Plus binding system.  It is supposed to help with this problem.

That's all I have for today.  Now I'm  going to get my pictures on a flash drive and get them printed.  I can't wait to finish this!

Stay crafty my friends!!

3 comments:

  1. oh girl! this is amazing! makes me want to make one, but looking at all those amazing pages overwhelms me! there is so much space for pictures....love LOVE it!
    TFS
    hugs
    Elsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! so much space for pictures. You're going to have to many memories. It's awesome. It's beautiful.
    hugs,
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post

    ReplyDelete