WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Portfolio Fun!

So, the other day I was surfing YouTube, and I ran into this video by Tim Holtz, about his new Collection Folios.    I was totally loving this idea!  But, since we can't get our hands on this until March or so, what's a crafty girl to do?

Yep, make one herself!  I raided my stash and I came up with this cool DIY version, and I want to share it with you!

WARNING!!!  Picture heavy post.  A list of supplies will be at the end of the post.  But check this out, sooooo cool!!!

 I had a portfolio by 7 Gypsies sitting in my stash, and this paper pack by Bo Bunny, "Etcetera", and I knew this would become a very cool collection portfolio!
 I added all kinds of stuff!
 On the right, I added a kraft paper pocket, and adhered it to make another pocket.
All of these goodies are there...The tag on the left is a booklet.  The map sticker is on a cardstock booklet.  I created the cascading file, and then there is the envelope.
 This is the back...I covered the flap with papers...
...and filled it with these papers and postcards.
 Also in this pocket is this file folder that I created with the papers...
 ...inside is another pocket and more journaling tags.
 This is my DIY cascading tiered spine thingy.  Check out the video, this is a COOOOL idea!  I tried to make my own, I am waiting to get a hold of Tim's version!
 I attached cards and papers from the paper collection.  I also made my own "Polaroid" picture mats.
 The cards and such are layered, but also turn as pages...it is such a neat idea...I love it!
 I love the interactive nature of this book, and I love the texture that all of the layers give.
 I'm loving this so much I want to make another.
 The last page is actually attached to the back of the book to make another pocket.
 In this pocket I put more journaling and picture spots, and I printed off this free vintage map on parchment paper to make it look authentic.
 In the envelope is another file type booklet...
 ...with more journaling spots.
 And there's another file folder.I
I created a booklet with the leftover papers.

There is a TON of space in this book!!!  I hope you liked it!!!  I LOVE IT!!!

Stay Crafty My Friends!!

LIST OF PRODUCTS:

Map Printable through a link from a post here, Idyllwild Designs
Papers:  Bo Bunny, and also the line came with the rub-ons, stickers, and some of the journaling cards.
7 Gypsies:  Portfolio and elastic closures
Vintage Street Market:  Tinted Tape
Dazzle It!  Hemp cord
Tags:  Ranger
We R Memory Keepers Envelope punch board
Tim Holtz:  Distress Ink, Stencil, Hole Reinforcers, Map Sticker
Prima:  Vintage Tag
Canvas Corp:   Postcards
Recollections:  Envelope
Paper Accents:  Kraft Bag and Kraft paper
Magic Scrap:  2 fold fastener

Handmade:  Tinted masking tape, large envelope with string closure, waterfall book, file folders

Unknown:  journaling cards.

1 comment:

  1. This is soooo beautiful!!! I love it! I haven't seen Tim's version yet, but I will check it out soon! I love the paper that you used... I think I will go on the hunt for it tonight online if they still have any. I love BoBunny stuff. Anyways, great job! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete