WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

My first Halloween Mini Album of the Season

 I just wanted to do a quick share with you, on this halloween mini album that I made.  It is a simple card and envelope book, using a hidden hinge type binding by ozegran on YouTube.

 I used papers by DCWV, the Spooky Time Matstack, Midnight Spell, and Ghosts and Goblins.  The cardstock is unknown.

The metal embellishments are by Tim Holtz.  I mounted the cover "calendar" onto a wrapped piece of chipboard to give the cover a little more dimension.
 On the spine I used some of the papers and an embellishment by Jolees.
 The pages are constructed with envelopes, and the cards are decorated on all four "sides" then slipped into the envelopes with only one of the sides, creating a "flap/pullout" page.  I made a pocket on the inside cover using one envelope that I cut and adhered.  I filled the pockets with tags from the papers, carstock pieces, and tags from Recollections.  The netting on the tags is by Teresa Collins. I created a pocket by using a punched edge from Fiskars.
 This is the first flap page opened.  I decorated some of the pages on the bottom with Martha Stewart bloody drip punches.  I also used flowers and bling by Petaloo and Recollections.
 This sticker is by Creative Imaginations.

 The next set of pages.
 Some of the flap pages have pockets as well.


 I left it unembellished so that I can add full sized pictures.



The back page also has another pocket and some more tags.

All in all there are 5 pocket pages, with 5 flap pullout pages.  That makes a total of 30 pages in all, not including the front, back, and all of the tags.  Quite a nice size book to put lots of photos in.  I love it!

Check out ozegran's video on how she created another take on the hidden hinge/stacked binding, and try it for yourself.  I rather like it!

Stay crafty, my friends!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's some great-looking book-card!

    Thanks for stopping by today, my friend!

    ReplyDelete