WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Old Envelopes into New

I found these gorgeous envelopes while I was surfing the net looking for recycling ideas.  When I saw them, I knew I had to try them out.  I have played with recycled business return envelopes before, but these were too cute to pass up.

Here is my version of these awesome little gems.

 What you do is to carefully tear apart the envelope, reverse it and put it back together so that you can reuse them for fun mail!
 I refastened the sides with various pieces of washi and washi-type tape from my stash, then to reseal the envelopes when it comes time, I used a strip of Score-tape...I'll just peel and stick when the time comes.
I raided my stash of black and white papers, and covered the flaps of the envelopes.  They all had the gummed edge, and it is on the outside of the envelope when you reverse it.  I thought this was a pretty way to cover that up!
Then, on the front of the envelopes I had to do something to cover up the windows in the envelopes were the business address usually ends up.  Cathy Holden of Just Something I Made has a link to a bunch of free printables she has created and these were perfect.  They are meant to be printed on label sticker paper, but I didn't want to close the envelope, so I just printed them on regular paper.  I added tape to the edges of the label, and taa daa!!  Now I have beautiful recycled envelopes to use for sending fun things in the mail!!!

This is easy to do and fun.  Save business return envelopes that have pretty security designs and see what you can create!!!

Stay Crafty, My Friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment