WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Saturday, January 12, 2013

A card for Max!

I was surfing all over Pinterest the other day and came across this cool tutorial on how to make a "Zipper Card" by PapertreyInk.  This link will take you to her video.  In it, she used dies specially made to make this card.  But, unfortunately, I didn't have the die, and I needed the card that day...so I had to figure out how to make it on my own.
 I got out my supplies, and went to work.  The paper cutter I have above has a perforated blade attachment, so I thought maybe I could use that instead of the die.
 The front of the card ended up looking like this...I stamped "Pull" on the tab that I created using the perforating blade.
 Underneath ( and this is my practice piece, so I didn't ruin the card!!!) I stamped the sentiment.
On the inside I hand cut the spot where I wrote the message, then I punched the border paper, creating a pocket to put Max's birthday cash in.

He loved the card!!  It turned out great, and worked perfectly.  Obviously it would have been soooooo much easier if I had the die, but this turned out pretty good.  Go check out her video, and see what you think!

Stay Crafty, My friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment