WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Picture "Frame"

Good Morning Everyone!!!

I have been a little out of it.  I am still working on the file folder tutorial.  I still have a couple of projects on my desk that I need to do and are giving me fits because I want them to be perfect.  So, I apologize for not posting them as I said I would...they are going to be here, soon!  Please stick with me, I promise I will get them done.  But in the meantime...I made this a little while ago, and thought I would share it with you.

I saw this paper by Basic Gray from their "Clippings" line, and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.  This is one of my favorite pictures of me and my husband, DJ.  I wanted to create a page that I could hang up in my room, and I thought this would be perfect.
I love all of the funky "layers" in this 12x12" page.  But, as always, I had to add more.  I used some tape by Industrial Chic and my Tim Holtz die and created the film strip pieces.  I added the butterfly I got at Michaels and the bling by Recollections as well.  I added a Tim Holtz mini paper clip to the picture that I cut to fit in the "Polariod" frame. I got out the old DYMO label maker to add the date to the picture.  I used some chipboard pieces from the paper line, layering them with foam tape. At the bottom of the page I added some Prima Flowers that I have been saving, and I think the colors fit perfectly with this page. The "ruler" is a piece I cut from a Bo Bunny paper.  The wooden camera is by Studio Calico.  It got colored black with a sharpie, and a rhinestone is placed where the lens would be.  I also added a few more staples to the bottom right of the page, to mimic the "staples" in the paper in the upper left of the page.

The "frame" is a recycled (or should I say repurposed?) box that my son's Graduation Picture Portfolio came in.  I took the bottom of the box, cut the corners, then folded the sides in the other direction, so that I could fit it inside the lid of the box, effectively lining it with the black color of the box.  I adhered it all together with score tape.  To hang it, I just place eyelets and threaded a black ribbon through the top of my "frame".

I think this is fun and eclectic.  I love all of the different elements that I was able to use in it.  I literally just started adding things, not really thinking about it, just going with my gut feelings about what needed to be added.  When I started to stare at the page, without adding things...I knew I was done. Does anyone else do that too?

What do you think?

Stay Crafty, My Friends!

2 comments:

  1. I do that with almost every project! LOL!

    Your picture frame looks great! Bet it's a really nice addition to your room!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you decorate with picture frame. :)
    http://uniquepictureframesblog.org/

    ReplyDelete