WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Monday, July 9, 2012

The Diagonal Pocket Page Tutorial

Hi, all!  On my last post, I showed you the mini album I made for the Just a Few Friends Stars and Stripes Blog Hop.  I promised you a tutorial on how I came up with the pages, and here it is.  It is super simple, and very versatile.  I hope it makes sense to you all, if you have any questions, please let me know.

 The pages are 4 1/4" square, and each page created 4 pockets.
 I started with a 12x12" paper and folded it into a triangle.
 I found the middle of the triangle, at the fold, and folded the corners into that point.
 Then I cut the top of the triangle off.  This is the base of all of the pages I made for this mini  It creates 4 pockets when all folded up.  I folded it down the middle, burnishing well.
 You can fold the diagonal pocket to the outside of the base page, or to the inside.
 I am using an orange paper to show how I added pieces to create many different pages.  On this one, with the diagonal pocket to the outside of the page, I adhered it to the back side of the diagonal, creating this pocket...
 ...and creating this page to open.
 Here is another view of this.
 You can add the extra piece of card stock to the other side of the diagonal pocket as well.
 You can add the card stock, then fold them to the inside of the page...
 ...which gives you this.
 You can add flaps to the inside pockets to create flaps.
 I tried this by just keeping the triangular pieces that I cut off attached, and folding them down, but it was way too bulky for the page.
This just shows a flap on the outside of the page (the diagonal pockets folded to the inside of the page.

There are many more combinations you could come up with, these are just a few.  To bind my book I did this...

I used 5 pages total, and used the pamphlet stitch to bind them to a spine piece of chipboard covered with patterned paper.  I had 1/2" of space between each page, and in front of and in back of the first and last pages.  So, I had a 3" spine.  It made for a fat little book, but the space was necessary if you want to use bulky embellishments.

I hope this all made sense!
Stay Crafty, My Friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment