WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Monday, June 25, 2012

Here's something different for you!

I have been on a low carb diet off and on for several years.  I feel better when I do it, sleep better, don't have heartburn, all of those wonderful things.  I also lose a little bit of weight!  Life happens and sometimes I have got to have chocolate and french fries...but then I feel physically bad and go back to a lower carb lifestyle, and I feel great.  Contrary to popular belief, I don't just eat meat!  I love veggies, and we eat TONS of them.  We just don't eat potatoes, rice, bread, pasta, flour, etc.  We are trying to choose "good" carbs for our diet.

That brings me to this post.  I discovered an awesome recipe, and I tried it and I LOVED IT!  Have you heard of "Oopsie Rolls"?  You can find tons of recipes and variations, but I followed the recipe here, at Heart of a Country Home.


I made the recipe, this shows two of the rolls I made, one face up and one face down, just to show you what the look like.


And here is my breakfast BLTC that I made.  I only used 1 1/2 strips of bacon (see, I told you I don't eat just meat, haha),  lettuce, tomato and a  slice of Muenster cheese.  IT WAS DELICIOUS!  I popped the rolls in the toaster for just a minute to crisp them a little, YUMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYY!  I really miss sandwiches, and this is going to be a life saver.  They work out to about 1 carb per roll, you use two for a sandwich.  Delicious!

Next I am going to try the recipe for these rolls I found here, and there is even a video to show how to do it.  I am on my way to the store to get the pans she used in a bit.   Have a great day, and I will let you know of any further yumminess I come across.

Stay Crafty, and HUNGRY, My Friends!

1 comment: