WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Grandma's Brag Book

Our daughter, son-in-law and grandson came to visit during the end of December and the first week of January.  When I get back to work, I have to have a brag book to show everyone...so I made this today.

 I was inspired by this book I found on the  Crate Paper Blog.  But, I decided to do it a little different.
 I took out all of the pages out of a book I found at the thrift store, then painted the book black.  I added paper to the inside of the book to cover, then used 8 envelopes and made this file book.
 I used 8 envelopes, so there are 8 tags, each with a picture on each side.  I wanted to highlight our visit and things we did together.  I did all of the pictures in my December Junk Journal.  Above is me, my awesome husband, DJ, and Cooper, our first grandson.  He is 3, and we are on the zoo train ready to see the Zoo Lights.
 This is Grandpa and Cooper putting together a puzzle.
I used Cosmo Crickets Circa 1934 paper line ( I had leftovers from another project and they worked perfectly for this), Recollections cardstock, and Bazzill envelopes.  I used some 7 Gypsies and Recollections bling on the cover as well.

I think the folks at work will like looking at this, what do you think?

Stay Crafty, My Friends!

3 comments:

  1. Love this!!! I'll have to try one of these!

    It looks fabulous!! Greaat job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI!!! LONG time eh?? Ive been out of it for a while but Im back! lol I hope your enjoying the NEW YEAR and LOVE this project!!!
    Great job..as always!
    xoxoxo
    Elsa

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must live in Portland Oregon or close by. The post mentioned Zoo lights so figured you had to be an Oregonian. My Dad was in the Air National Guard in Portland during some of my grade school years. Then during my the summer of my sophmore year Dad went back into the Air Force and we got stationed in Germany for three years. Transferred back to the States to McCord Air Force Base by Tacoma Washington during Christmas break of my senior year in 1969. Now I'm an old grandmother living in Salem OR for the last forty plus years. Love your seeing pattern journal. My new interest and live is making journals. I've made two junk journals, one for my daughter, and two Little Golden Book baby journals for friends daughter and second cousin. Sewing journal is on my bucket list. Thank you for your giving a little part of your caring heart to each of your
    patients. It takes a special person to be an RN.

    ReplyDelete