WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Monday!!!

OK, we have two things for you today...

Just a reminder that this Friday starts the official Christmas Blog Hop!
It will start with Elsa at Just a Few Designs, and will continue with a lot of talented ladies.  Please join us!  I have three projects that I am going to share, one each day, that I hope you will like!

Now, I have to share this with you all!  I am swamped with projects that I have to finish.  I have mountains of kits and supplies bought, that are waiting to be assembled.  But, when inspiration strikes, you have to go with it, because you never know what is going to happen next.  So, that is what happened.  Instead of starting to make my Christmas cards, I made a Christmas album, with recycled materials that I came across.  This is cool!


It was our youngest son's birthday, and I was wrapping his present...


I used the whole roll, and this is what it was wrapped around....a huge piece of super sturdy kraft paper!


I made a "zine" fold out of it.


Then I got my Tim Holtz papers and supplies and went to town! The pages of the book are 7 1/2" wide by 8 1/2" tall.  I threaded ribbon through the center of the book to hold the pages in place.  I also turned it "upside down", so that I could fold pages down to make interesting pockets.


There are two diagonal pockets, and two huge page pockets.  Above is the diagonal pocket on the left.  On the right, I added a kraft envelope and a card for a pullout.


Two large tags in the diagonal pocket.


The card is gatefold...


Opened...

The back of the card.


I attached the envelope to the page with the flap to the back, then covered with papers, giving another interactive element.


The huge tag on the next page, and the other diagonal pocket.


This sticker I adhered on two sides, so that something could slip under if I wanted to.


The next page, another envelope and card.


I LOVE THESE PAPERS!!!!



This is the coolest vintage Santa!


The envelope flap opened.


The back of the book.


Top view. The papers, distress inks, charm, and Sizzix die is by Tim Holtz, the ribbon and bling are Recollections, the envelopes and cards are by Paper Accents, and the Kraft paper to back the tags is by Recollections.

So, ladies, when you are wrapping your presents, check to see if you have this kind of paper under the wrapping paper...if you do, make a book!!!

Stay Crafty My Friends!

3 comments:

  1. Great-great idea, and what a beautiful book!!! I absolutely love this!!!

    Hope you had a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just loved the papers and the project! Beautiful! Kisses from Brazil! biancasimas

    ReplyDelete
  3. After seeing your blog I am glad I hopped her. Thanks for sharing your beautiful craft.

    ReplyDelete