WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Friday, October 21, 2011

Halloween Jewelry Box Tutorial

I found the coolest nesting paper coffin boxes at Michael's, and I got another idea.  I needed a jewelry box to house all of my Halloween baubles and bangles.  So, here is what I came up with.
 First, while watching the season one marathon of "The Walking Dead" I painted the boxes with black acrylic paint.
 When they were dry, I inked them with white.
 When that was dry I sprayed them inside and out with Haunted Shadows Glimmer mist.
 I also used the mist on these flowers, they started pink, but after spraying and using some black ink on them, they ended up like this.
 I stacked them all wonky and hot glued them down.  I cut the rings off of spider rings, and used the spiders in a couple of places.  Two of them look like they are coming from either underneath a coffin, or from the inside of them.
 I figured that the poor skeleton that was supposed to be in the box had to be moved out, so I took a skeleton from a dollar store garland, cut it up, and scattered various pieces.
 For the top two boxes, I used Tim Holtz charms to decorate.  I placed my flowers and added a little bling.  You can never have too much bling, right?
 My hubbin said it was creepy.  I thought that was awesome, because that was what I was going for!
 Here are the boxes with my collection of Halloween jewels!  You will recognize a couple of the pieces from a previous post!  Some of these are over 20 years old.  I started out with cute stuff, because my son was little, but now, I can creep into the more scary stuff.  (Yes, pun intended!)
Just a shot of it sitting on my dresser.

Stay Scary and BEJEWELED my friends!

2 comments:

  1. Love-love this!!! Tooooo creepy cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! This looks amazing! This is such a great blog post! Appreciating the hard work you put into your site. It’s awesome blog.
    http://all4payday.com

    ReplyDelete