WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Shopping Bag Mini Album!

I have been going crazy with "Smash" type books and junk type journals.  I love them.  I love the little snippets of things you put in them that makes them soooooo darn interesting.
 I went to the beach last Saturday with my mom.  WE HAD A BLAST!  It was just a day trip, but we really packed a lot of fun in that one day.  I decided to make a mini album to commemorate the day, and when I got this shopping bag, I knew it would be the perfect cover!  I just folded it in half, leaving the handles on it.  I punched holes for book rings and tied ribbons and raffia on them.  The raffia came from the wrapping on my clothing that I bought at this shop.  I glued ribbons in the sides of the bags, created by the gussets when folded, for the closure.
 I glued the bottoms of the bag to create pockets for some of the things I collected on our adventure.  I thought that the note I left for my son would be perfect to add to the book.
 I added kraft cardstock pages, trimmed to 6" wide by 11 1/2" tall.  I also added two oversize tags as mini pages.
 I added a variety of pictures to tell our story.
 I also used some envelopes to hold more collected pieces.
 OMG...the helicopter ride was AWESOME!
 When I got home I looked up the websites for a couple of places we visited.  I printed out information and added it to my pages with clips.
I also had some stickers from a variety of sources that I added.

Well, that's it.  I hope you like it.  Does it give you any ideas?

Stay crafty, my friends!

2 comments:

  1. I love your mini album! How cute!Looks like you put a lot of love and care into it!

    Thanks for sharing it.

    Raina

    ReplyDelete