WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Friday, September 30, 2011

More Halloween Decoration Ideas

I thought I would share a few ideas with you.  I came up with some creative uses for some of my scrapbooking supplies.


This is a $1 Michael's birdcage I bought a while ago.  I filled it with a skeleton from a garland I bought at the dollar store.


This is another birdcage from Michaels.  I put some bats in here.  I made the bats from plastic rings that I got in a goodie bag at Michaels.  I cut off the rings, glued two bats together with some fishing line in the middle, and hung them from the top of the cage.


I thought our bathroom needed a little decorating.  This is the top of a cabinet we have.  I put the papers from the DCWC Immortal Love Stack behind the glass doors.  I used glitter pens to give the eyes a little extra shine.

This is our shower with the bloody handprint shower curtain. (You can see the cabinet reflecting in the mirror.)  Why did I show this you ask?  Well, we have sliding doors on our shower, but enough wall that we put up a curtain tension rod so that I could use the shower curtain.  Rather than spend extra money on the curtain rings, I used book rings!!!  You can get a bazillion of them for cheap at the office store, and they worked perfect!  (Just a side note, there is a clock in this picture...I made it with an old CD and a clock kit from the craft store.)



My kitchen also is going through some changes.  I had this old spice shelf and some jars.  I used some Tim Holtz papers to create labels for the jars.  At the thrift store I found this cool apothecary jar, that I filled with superball eyes I found at the Halloween store.  I filled the mayonnaise jar with glow in the dark spider web, and some spider rings (rings cut off just like the bats).  In the other jar, another skeleton.    Not pictured is another jar on the opposite side of my stove with mini skulls in it.  I am going to add some fabric toppers to the jars, I just haven't done that yet.  I am trying to decide which fabric to use.

Stay Scary, My Friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment