WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

And now for something completely different...


I thought I would share something that I came up with that you might enjoy as well.  I love to cook, and love to try new things.  We are trying to cut down on carbs a bit...but love potato salad!  I use a lot of cauliflower...I roast it, make hash with it, mash it, rice it, steam it, bake it with a mustard sauce, and make faux potato salad with it.  Make it with your favorite recipe for potato salad, just substitute steamed cauliflower florets instead of potatoes.  I used a mayonnaise base with dijon mustard.  I added green and red bell peppers, green onions, eggs and celery.  Season any way you wish.  The only thing to be aware of is to make sure your cauliflower is drained thoroughly and be easy on the wet ingredients as the cauliflower doesn't soak up the dressing like potatoes do.

ENJOY!!!

Have a nice meal, and stay crafty!!!

2 comments:

  1. I've used cauliflower in place of mashed potatoes before and I love it! Now, I've got to try this potato salad recipe -- it looks yummy! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too I've done the potatoes salad thing and thought I could do faux mashed potatoes with it... I tried turnips in place of mash potatoes this week and it wasn't bad but the mixer wouldn't do the job so I put them in my blender... gotta cut carbs some where

    ReplyDelete