WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Saturday, May 21, 2011

A New Mini Recipe Album!!!

I found this tutorial here, by craftymamaroo, called the "Rose Page Tutorial".  I think this is a brilliant use of paper and a great way to make mini album pages!  I, of course, tweaked it a little, and made a mini album of my own.  Thank you for the tutorial, Cindyroo!!!


I used a paper line from TPC Studio called "So Delish".  I made a recipe album (I know, surprise, surprise), but I LOVE COOKING TOO!!!  I modeled it after an album my friend (Thank you, Angel!) gave me years ago,  in that the recipe cards will come out of the book, they are not permanently adhered to the pages.  That way, they are easy to put on your counter when you are cooking, you can slip it into your purse when you go shopping, and there will be plenty of room to put pictures of the dishes created.  I use it to put recipes and pictures of family tradition meals and dishes...like that awesome custard pie recipe that my husband requests on his birthday every year!


I made 6 pocket pages.


Each pocket has two recipe cards that are from the paper collection.


On the back of the pocket there is a flap that opens up.  I used 4x6" index cards, used scraps to dress them up, and added them to the pages with the little clips by Memory Makers.  I have had these for a billion years, and finally had an opportunity to put them to good use!


In her tutorial she includes an "insert" to put into the pockets created.  But, since I had the recipe cards, I just used the "inserts" as extra pages in-between the pocket pages.  More index cards fit on these pages.

Thanks for looking, and please head on over and watch the video.  She also has a link to her blog where she has a cutting diagram.

Stay Crafty My Friends!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked my mini and used it for inspiration! I hadn't thought of a recipe mini but then I don't cook as much as I'd like. It would interfer with crafting. lol Keep up the creative ideas!

    ReplyDelete