WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March Counterfeit Kit's Etsy Challenge, Doilies, Flowers and a Mini Album

This is a four part post!


PART #1:  The Etsy Challenge

The object of this challenge is to go to Etsy, get inspiration, and make something.  So, I did.  I watched the slide show of the latest listings until this caught my eye.  Here was my inspiration.  It's called Butterfly Bliss, by babycakesanddecor.  Not knowing if I can post the picture, I just put the link to it.

I loved the colors, and the simplicity of it.  Here is my "something."  I made a card.   I chose to use a little less color choices, but I think it turned out really pretty, nonetheless.  The yellow and black make me want to yell "GO HAWKS!"  (My husband is an Iowa Hawkeye football fan!!  That's for you, DJ!)


I added the black cardstock card and the yellow background.  The crossword paper was in my kit, and it was double sided, so that is where the butterflies came from.  The leaves are from the leftovers of my "4U" card.  I think they added just that little extra pop of color.  The flower is made with Valita's owl punch rose tutorial here, but I used a scalloped shell punch and some old book pages to make it.  I thought that the words of the book matched the "theme" of the crossword puzzle.  I stamped "HELLO" in the spaces.  The bling is from my birthday buddy Vickie from Splitcoaststampers...Thanks again, Vickie!  I inked all of the edges.


I added a piece of creme cardstock for the message inside, I thought the yellow was a little too much by itself, and it tied into the front of the card.  I also used the crossword side of the paper to make a butterfly for the inside for some variety.  I punched the corners with a Martha Stewart butterfly corner punch and added bling for the bodies.  Taa Daa.  I hope you like it!

PART #2:  Doilies!

So I was thinking to myself, "Self, you could make doilies!"  Soooooo, first I gathered up numerous coaster patterns, used crochet cotton and a steel hook, and came up with these doilies.  I put a quarter on one of them so you can see the size of them.




That lead to making a couple of flowers and butterflies...



Then I got out some paper and punched some doilies.  I figure I can ink them and spray them and have a great tine with them.  They are MS punches, and some of them I experimented a little with.  She had some that you can buy, but I have never seen them here where I live.  I found a tutorial here on
Ink in the name of love.

PART #3:  Pop Can flowers


Following the punch tutorials on Counterfeit Kit Challenge, I whipped up these little beauties.

PART #4:  A Mini Album!



Using my kit (except for the letters) I whipped up this little mini album.  The letters are easy.  Just type each letter a bunch of times on your computer, print them out on paper (several colors so that you have choices, and cut them out when you need them.  Instant mini letters.


It is called a Meander Album with a Twist, and you can find the tutorial here!  I folds to make these cute little inside pockets!  I am going to decorate the tags, but I haven't decided on how to do it yet.

Stay Crafty, My Friends!

9 comments:

  1. Well, you have been busy! What wonderful projects...every single last one of them!

    Bethany
    Counterfeit Kit Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you the busy bee? These are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. all of these are so sweet!! sure are inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the doilies! seriously i need to know what ms punches you used! I wish I knew how to crochet, so much possibilities with these, I'm especially a sucker for the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! So glad u enjoyed kats and mine dancing vacation! When do you go to Seattle?? Gonna go to Forks??? lol We want to take a trip there sometime. I love the paper doilies you made!!!! omg I wanna go give that a try.
    Hope your doing well...
    hugs and kisses
    Elsa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome creations - so varied and creative. Those doilies are stunning - if only I had some MS corner punches, but they are prohibitively expensive over here!
    And you are so clever with the crocheting - never seen butterflies done before - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your homemade embellies!Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you have been busy. I love you crochet dollies. I wish I could make mine look like yours. I only know how to make one flower. Your soda can flowers came out really cute and I really like those paper dollies. Which MS punches did you use to make the paper dollies?

    ReplyDelete