WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Monday, March 7, 2011

Altered Books

I spent some time this weekend altering old books!  Marion Smith put on a great class last Thursday on Ustream, watch it here= http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/13073025

I found books at a flea market in town.
I used plenty of great flowers and embellishments from Tim Holtz and the Recollections line.
In her class she painted her cover, I just distressed and Inked mine.
Her instructions leave you with Soooo many pages!

I used Glimmer Mist in Olive Vine on this flower.

I already started on a second book!

5 comments:

  1. You did such a beautiful job on this! Thanks so much for sharing the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful. I watched Marion's Ustream too and was very inspired. I love how you kept your cover natural, as that seems more vintage and authentic to me, but Marion's books were beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i see so many wonderful ideas with this... to think as my son out grows each of his books I can also document his growth an progress. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi...I just have to tell you how much i LOVE your blog. Your projects are always stunning, so clean and in all my fav colors. Just love how much detail you add to your creations!!!! It truly humbles me when you comment on my items...thanks!! Keep in touch...
    hugs and love
    Elsa

    ReplyDelete