WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Heart Pouch Envelope Mini Album

I was surfing the net and came upon this cute idea from here at Zakka Life...She makes them from recycled envelopes and uses them for little love notes or filling with treats.  I decided it could be a great base for a mini album for Valentines Day!

I used DCWV papers, a Bazzill flower with a punched flower and a ribbon flower center.  The punches on the cover were Martha Stewart.  The mini flowers are from Prima, I used Glimmer Mist to color them.  I used Tim Holtz distressing inks.  The ribbons and the heart charm, I have no idea where they came from, they were in my stash.  The pearls are from Queen and Co.

I used brochure envelopes, which gave me two hearts per envelope.  I sealed the envelopes, free handed the heart shape and started cutting.  I made 6 hearts for this album, using three envelopes.  I inked all the edges.  I made a second heart, a bit smaller, which served as a template for the cover papers and the tags that I put in the pockets. I made 6 of them.  The overall size of this mini is about 5" tall by 5 1/2" wide.
On the pages I used some pieces of the papers that had cute sayings, I fussy cut them out and adhered them so that they created a little mini pocket on the pages.  I used a McGill heart punch and punched mini tags for these.



I didn't want to  punch a binding hole into the pouches themselves, so I added little punched mini hearts and used those to provide the place for the holes.  I added eyelets and used a ball chain to bind it.  The ball chain is from Tim Holtz.

I hope you like it!  I love the colors of the papers.  It was super easy to create, and you can use any size envelope you want.

Happy Crafting!!

1 comment: