WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Halloween Recipe Book

I love swaps.  I love Halloween. I love swaps on Split Coast Stampers about Halloween.  This one is for the swap called Mini Cookbook.  I only had to make 4 for the swap, but I made one more because they are just toooooo darn cute, I had to make one for myself!
I used a variety of papers from Doodle Bug and Karen Foster.  The flowers are from Doodle Bug and Bazzill.  The pumpkin brads are Doodlebug also!  I am unsure where the ribbon came from, sorry!
The tutorial for the book came from Scrapbook Crazy.  I altered the construction just a bit to create pockets for tags.
I used punched pieces of cardstock and adhered two of them to the ends of the ribbon, then attached velcro to the cardstock to create the closure of the book.  The ribbon is adhered to the back of the book.  The flower is attached over the ribbon.  I made this stamp "boo food" with my Just Rite stamps.
"Front" view...
"Back" view.  I have 5 recipes in this mini book for a ghoulishly good meal.  The tags were cut from my Cricut cartridge "October 31st".  I left them blank so that the recipient could put pictures of the beastly feast, or notes about the recipes themselves.  Each book has two pockets.

Stay scary my friends!

1 comment: