WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wild Things!

I came up with another way to make pages for a cute mini album.  It uses cardstock, and the way you fold it makes two pockets, one coming out of the side, and one on the page itself.  Each sheet of 12x12 cardstock will make two pocket pages.  I used papers from American Traditional Designs, and Pressed Petals.  I used my Cricut to cut out the title using the Zooballoo cartridge and my Gypsy to connect the letters.  Variety of ribbons from my stash and some punches with leftover papers complete the simple embellishments.  Here's how to do it...
Cut cardstock to 6x12".  Score on the green dotted lines as shown, cut out the red areas.  The left side will create the pocket on the side of your page.  The right side will create a 1/2" space for a binding edge.  The bottom will fold up and create a pocket that will be on either the front or back of your page.  I used solid cardstock.
You will end up with a piece that looks like this picture above.
Fold the score lines...
Fold the left side over, using the 1/2" flap for adhering.  Pocket made.  Fold in the smaller tabs, fold up and adhere.
Pocket made!

 Here is a pic of it all papered.  I inked all edges.  I bound it with my bind it all and tied ribbons to it.
Here is an open pocket page.  I cut tags to fit inside the side pockets, set eyelets and tied ribbons to them so I could pull them out.  The other pages have ribbon stapled to them.
This is what one of the pages opposite the pocket looks like, with the side tags pulled out a bit.  Without counting the binding edge,  the book measures 4 1/2 x 5".  I made six pages for it.

In this picture on the right is my husband with our grandson, Cooper, at 10 months old.  We were at the Washington Park Zoo, in Portland, Oregon,  on the Zoo Train.

Thanks for looking, and if you make one, please let me know, I would love to see it!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello ladies~ I just found your blog & really am enjoying all the cool projects and your videos.
    It is really nice.
    I am now a follower.
    Hope you can follow me too at:
    http://archiving-angel.blogspot.com
    All the best & crafty goodness,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete